Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Loving Amazing Grass

Yesterday was super busy so I was not able to get in an afternoon post. My lunch was a hummus, cucumber, and tomato wrap on a WW tortilla. (YUM, I love these from Whole Foods!)

I also had a Coffee Bean Non Fat, No Sugar Added Carmel Latte (to die for!). I needed the pick me up to get me through the afternoon. On Sunday night I only slept 4 hours and that was just not enough for me! I was dragging Monday afternoon. When the day was finally over, I ate a banana on my ride home and was pleasantly surprised that there was little to no traffic! WooHoo!!!

I got home and met the hubby at the gym in our complex. Mondays are my rest days, but I needed to get in some weights so I did a light workout. I ran for 1 mile as a warm-up and then did legs and shoulders, abs and push ups.

Workout:
~ 1 Mile Run
~ shoulders
~ legs
~ 100 sit ups
~ 20 push ups

For dinner we had Ahi Tuna steaks in a spicy cilantro marinade (Whole Foods), some guacamole, rice and steamed veggies.

This morning I didn't get up for my run and am a little disappointed in myself for hitting snooze countless times. We have plans for a sushi dinner with friends so I won't be able to get in a run today. I guess today is my rest day and I will add some more miles here and there throughout the week.

I did make a AG Smoothie - this time I added in some frozen blueberries. I had a big carton from last week and froze some in advance because I didn't think I could eat them all before they went bad. I am so glad I did because they really tasted great in the smoothie. And the best part of all is the the hubby likes it too!

AG Smoothie:
~ 1 cup soy milk
~ 1/4 c water
~ 1 tbsp flaxseed
~ 2 scoops AG Chocolate powder
~ 1/4 blueberries
~ 1 frozen banana
~ 1 tbsp PB

YUM-O

Hope you are having a good Tuesday!

Any Amazing Grass recipes that I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment