Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend Recap

Hi everyone! Sorry to have one big recap every Monday morning (LA time). I just can't get on the computer at home as much as I should on the weekends. I am in front of one all day every weekday so its hard to get back on when I am home. As I get more used to this blogging thing, I will make an effort to do more posting throughout the weekend....and more pics too!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

Friday:
Friday was hectic at work, but I was able to get off at a decent hour. I made it home just in time to change and then head back out for dinner with my in-laws. It was a good meal and I was stuffed from Korean BBQ. Then we went out for my favorite dessert... Red Mango. YUM! Original fro-yo with Blueberries and dark chocolate. Loved it. The hubby had to work so we went home and while he worked I cleaned up and watched brainless TV.

Saturday:
Saturday was wonderful and it was all because of my 8.5 mile run. I haven't completed a run over 6 miles in a very long time so this was such a great feeling. I probably could have gone longer but I was starting to feel it in my knees and I didn't want to push too hard on my first long run. I was drenched in sweat but had the best feeling of accomplishment afterwards. I had a banana and PB before showering and then afterwards I was starving so I had a big bowl of yogurt, blueberries and granola. I might have had another banana with PB but who's counting? The hubby was off surfing and so I went to get a manicure. I really needed a pedicure but with soccer on Sunday they get messed up so quickly, that I decided against it. It was good to just relax and unwind for a little. Lunch was hummus and cucumbers on a WW pita. I also stopped at Coffee Bean for a No Sugar Added Pomegranate Blueberry Ice Blended. Love those on hot summer days!

Dinner was sushi with my parents and my niece because they had come to LA to watch Fiddler on the Roof at the Pantages Theater. It was fun to have them over and to go eat delicious sushi. I was so tired after my run that I fell asleep on the couch while the hubby was working.

Sunday:
I got a late start on Sunday and got up and headed out with the hubby to try Umami Burger for lunch. We had wanted to try it before but our plans changed at the last minute. It was an adorable place. I loved the decorations and the menu was simple and straightforward. I love that! I chose the Turkey Miso Burger with avocado relish. It was so good, but so greasy. I don't think I could eat this very often. It wasn't heavy, but my hands were soaked in grease. Not a great thing in my book. The hubby got the Umami Burger x 6 which was also delicious but greasy. The flavors of both burgers were really good, but I could tell that the bun was brushed with butter. That turned me off just a little. I would probably choose another place to eat if I were craving a burger because I don't eat them all that often and when I do, I don't want to be swimming in grease. It was great to try.

After lunch we headed to my parents house for some fun times and dinner with the family. After dinner off we went to another Sunday soccer game. This time we had 9 players (you should have 11 on the field and then subs on the side) and the other team had 17! Not a good start. We were able to play really well and kept the score tied at 2-2 (I finally scored a goal for this season) and then ended up losing 5-2. It was a well fought match, but they were too good. I was tired!

Overall it was another fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment