Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sometimes Nothing Goes As Planned

Last night nothing went as planned but it ended up being a great evening. I had planned on waiting at home for the hubby to get off work so that we could go to the gym together and then eat dinner afterwards. When he got home, he had run into a friend of ours that lives in the next complex over and said they wanted to grab dinner. I love eating out with friends so this was a rare weekday treat for us. I quickly changed and then we were off. We walked to a local Japanese restaurant and I really felt like having curry rice with pork. It was delicious and really hit the spot. I know this may not be the healthiest option but I wanted it and I am not one of those that will restrict myself from something that I want. We had a great dinner and catching up with them.

And then something great happened......as we were walking outside the restaurant a Pinkberry omployee was handing out samples of their new flavors: Coocnut and Passion Fruit. We all had to try it! I will admit that I was not the biggest Pinkberry fan just because I had tried others and liked them more, but these new flavors really hit the spot. They were not too overwhelming and actually refreshing. We all decided to have dessert there. The hubby and I shared a tropical swirl (coconut and passion fruit yogurt) with granola. It was a great end to a fabulous meal.

I love making sure that I am satisfied and sometimes I don't make the healthiest choices, but it is okay with me. I like to enjoy my food and that is just part of life. Some people can go without chocolate or fro-yo, but I am not that girl! I will eat what I love and enjoy it without the guilt. It is a nice feeling.

Happy Humpday!

Today is a new day and I started having a fabulous morning. While I would have loved to get in a morning run, my body wasn't feeling it. I slept one more hour and was okay with that because I have time after work today. The hubby and I love going to the gym together so we are planning on doing that after work since we didn't get to yesterday.

I had breakfast before work today which was a nice change. I normally have it at my desk, but was up and ready early so I ate at home.

Breakfast:
~ 2 slices of WW Oroweat Winter Wheat Bread w/ PB and 1/2 banana
~ 1/2 banana
~ Glass of Nonfat Milk

Now it's time to buckle down and make some money! Work work work!

See you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment