Thursday, July 30, 2009

Enjoying Life

Snack came around 11AM because my tummy was definitely trying to tell me something. I would have eaten something earlier but unfortunately I was in a meeting that ran over. I snacked on half an Amazing Grass bar. This was my first one so I was eager to try it out. It was good and part of me wanted to finish it, but then I knew that lunch was soon and I wouldn't eat if I was full. I saved the other half for the afternoon munchies.

Lunch was delicious. It wasn't too hot out so I decided to take my lunch outside and sit with a co-worker to enjoy the 80 degree weather. It's freezing in the office so it was a chance to warm up a little too.

Lunch:
~ salad with spinach, grape tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and TJs hummus
~ a white nectarine
~ mini whole wheat pita

Does anyone else get comments and/or looks from people when you are eating with them? I generally just brush it off. Today someone said, "You need to enjoy life and eat more fried food." The funny thing is, I enjoy what I eat so I just laughed and went right back to my yummy lunch. Fried food does not make me happy. In fact, I feel gross afterwards and end up not at all satisfied. Anyone else out there run into these situations?

Back to work already! The day is flying by which is great because soon it will be Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment