Thursday, July 23, 2009

LA Traffic Makes Me Crazy

I used to do 6 Miles 4 days a week and then a 10 miler on the weekend. That was easy and I loved it. Lately I have been struggling to get out of bed in the morning to get in my runs before work. I absolutely love morning workouts but I can't get out of bed for the life of me. The last few months have been a struggle and I don't know why. Any suggestions? I am looking for a 10K or 10 Miler to sign up for because hopefully that will help me get my butt in gear.

The hubby just added new and fun songs to my iPod so I am hoping that helps as well too. Tonight will be the first test. I am going to do 6 miles and then some weights. I really love the feeling after a great workout. I could do without all the sweat....but I will deal with it if I still get that feeling after a great run.

Spinning and Step classes are an obsession of mine but since I moved back to LA from Chicago, it's been hard to find enough time to get to the gym on time to attend the classes. Unfortunately, LA traffic is awful (that is an understatement) and so in order to get 10 miles you need to make sure you plan ahead and count on traffic. It is pretty annoying. There have been so many times that I have left the house to get to a class only to get there 15 minutes late and just end up running on the treadmill and doing weights. (all of which I can do at my gym in my building). I don't like entering classes after they have started...I am going to make a serious effort to time it right and get to a class this weekend. It definitely brightens up my day and I love changing up my workout routine.

Side Note:

I really want to try an Amazing Grass smoothie so hopefully I can pick some up this weekend. I gotta see what all the people out there in blogworld are raving about! Will be using my trusty research tool (google) and find where I cany buy it. I don't think I can wait to order it online.

No comments:

Post a Comment