Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend Roundup

Friday was a very nice evening at home with the hubby. I made Turkey & fresh Guacamole wraps on WW pita with tomatoes and red onion. I like to put them on the panini grill for a few minutes just to get them nice and toasty. I had a side salad with spinach, grape tomatoes and red onion while the hubby had some TJ's Plantain chips (he swears they taste just like potato chips). We relaxed and watched Definitely, Maybe and then called it a night.

Saturday I went for a great 6 mile run and then did a short strength training session. It was so hot, but afterwards I felt so good. I love that feeling. The hubby was going to the beach with the boys, so I made my way to my sister's house to see my lovely new niece. She had company for the afternoon so I stopped by the 'rents place first and ended up watching cricket with my dad. My dad was a professional cricket player and just loves the sport. It was fun seeing him so into the match and then explaining everything to me as it happened. I loved hearing about him playing against some of the commentators. After a little while I ventured over to my sister's house (she lives down the street from my parents.....lucky!!). I got to spend time with the family and it was so nice to see my niece change even after a few days. Love her! After leaving their house, I met up with the hubby and his friends for a night of gambling...well, they gambled and I stood in the background cheering. It was a long day and night! We didn't get home until 4AM.

I finally got up on Sunday and did things around the house before venturing back to my parent's house again. I got to play with my other niece and it was a blast. We played card games and watched a movie before I had to leave for my soccer game. I knew it was going to be a hot one so I was hydrating all day. Turns out we played a really tough team with only 10 players. Of course the other team had all 11 on the field and then plenty of subs. We hung in there the whole time though and managed to keep it at 0-0. While I would have loved a win, it was nice to tie them considering all the obstacles we faced. I was so tired and hot after that game. Went home and the hubby and I grilled some steaks with a big salad for me and some potatoes on the side. YUM!

I am working on getting into the habit of taking pics, so for now, you will just have to use your imagination!

Happy Monday, everyone!

Saturday Workout:
~ 6 Mile Run
~ Lunges
~ Situps
~ Strength Training w/ weights

Sunday Workout:
~ Soccer game

No comments:

Post a Comment