Friday, July 24, 2009

Perfect-o Evening

Well, as it turns out my running goal was a little too much for my legs to take on. I was able to get in 4.5 miles (which seems to be a pattern lately) and then do plenty of weight training. I was feeling good miles 1-3 and then at mile 4, my legs were telling me it was about time to stop. I probably could have done a little more after weights but I was too tired and who am I kidding, there was dinner and TV waiting for me at home. I was proud of myself for the effort

On my way home I was hungry so I ate a Larabar, some grapes and plenty of water. I was ready for my run but only after a crazy commute in traffic.

Workout:
~ 4.5 Mile Run
~ Weights
~ Abs
~ Pushups

After feeling great from the workout, I headed home to make dinner for the hubby. We picked up great top sirloin from Whole Foods earlier in the week and I had marinated it overnight so that we could enjoy it for dinner. He has been really wanting red meat so I thought it was a good change. Normally I don't eat/cook very much red meat so this was a treat for us both. I typically like lean ground turkey, baked/grilled chicken, lean pork tenderloin or tofu. It was perfect-o!

Dinner:
Top Sirloin
Plain Potatoes
Cucumber, Tomato Salad
Corn

Then it was time for some mindless TV and some cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment