Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Roundup


What a weekend! Nothing went as I planned which was not as bad as it sounds. Let me start off with Friday night. I was anticipating going to the new gourmet burger place that I talked about on Friday, but the hubby got a call from some friends that wanted to do dinner. We never pass up a chance to meet with our friends so this ended up being a good trade off. It was a fun evening and we ended up eating burgers anyways. I had a nice turkey burger on whole wheat bun with BBQ sauce (my favorite). The hubby and I got home a little late but stayed up to watch, Watchman. I fell asleep halfway through. Needless to say, the movie wasn't enjoyable to me. The hubby liked it a little more than I did but wasn't that impressed considering he normally loves the comic type movies.

Saturday was a day of running around. I wish it was literally but I didn't get in a run at all. (BooHoo!) I had to service my car and then the hubby and I were with his friend friend while he test drove cars and then ended up purchasing one. That process takes forever!!!! When we finally made it home in the late afternoon, I plopped down on the couch and then proceeded to fall right to sleep. My one hour nap was fabulous. I woke up refreshed and ready for another dinner out with friends. This time it was at a Japanese teppan-yaki place our friend owns. It was very salty and filling but the company and entertainment was excellent. This is something I can only eat once every so often because the salty foods really get to me. I don't salt my food ever so to have someone else grill up all the veggies and meat with lots of salt, really becomes noticeable to me. I was constantly drinking water that night.

Sunday was a day with family. I visited my new niece, my sister, and my parents. Luckily they live down the street from each other so it makes my visits very easy. We all congregated at my parent's house and had some Mexican food and great fun. Then I was off to my much anticipated Sunday soccer game. I love playing but lately I haven't played as well as I would have liked. I was hoping that this game would be the turn around point for me.....and it was! I finally got my legs and touch on the ball back. It was a good feeling and even better feeling to have won the game as well.

Now it's Monday and I have to get some work done before my next post! Happy Monday to you all!

Still working on pics!

(photo from foodforthoughtcatering.ca & gohawaii.about.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment